Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I Get Knocked Down But I Get Up Again

I Get Knocked Down But I Get Up Again


It has been many moons since I have done anything blog worthy.  Yesterday I may have outdone myself. Once again, it involves a fall.  

Yesterday was a particularly beautiful sunny day.  Grabbed the cart and



headed to the center to run errands and soak up the day.  I must have been full of myself, perhaps even thinking I was pretty Euro.  I mean I have a cart that has a few miles on it.

It is no secret that I am a fast walker and Marty walks like a slug.  For the love of God for a man that can bike for days, he walks like a toddler.  I am sure I had some earworm* which distracted me from keeping track of one foot in front of the other.  Somehow my right foot got tripped by the wheel of the cart. 

This depiction is the opposite of exaggerating...I am downplaying most of the details:

My knees hit first, the cart flies and only stops as I land on my hands and catch it. But only the cart stops as I continue to flip over and land on the historical cobblestone streets of Antwerp.


Like with any fall I write about, you are more than welcome to take time for a visual and laugh.  For the record, I cried.  And then I laughed really hard. 
So typical of me to start the spring/summer season off with scabby knees.  This confirms that I am not so Euro and also that there is always a high percentage that I will be wearing denim at any given moment.

Textile Alert:  Despite lululemon getting a bad rap for the pills, and see though backside, I can confirm that the knees held up during this incident.

It would be important to note that many people saw this and in Flanders style, pretended that they didn't.  


I continue to rack up the pictures for the future publication of cartwheels and spills across the world.








Yes these all seem to involve alcohol but NO they are not all mine. I still blame long arms and man hands that I have genetically acquired. (and  maybe a lot of adhd)





We have just completed our 6th year abroad and our second in Belgium  How can that be possible?

*earworm
noun
1.  a catchy song or tune that runs continually through someone's mind


No comments:

Post a Comment