Friday, October 11, 2013

home

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig



Surgery talk later but home again, home again!  Thank all of you at Woody's; employees and locals, alike for all your well wishes and thoughts.  I am looking forward to what I don't even have to ask for when I sit down.  It should be called the Bootsie.  This picture gave a friend of my mother's pause when he saw it wondering if she were ill.  So let it be known to all the land.....
While I am called Bootsie, Boots, Boo, Aunt Bootsie, Aunt Boo (mostly by my niece's and nephew's friends which is pure heart love), Theresa, Terri, Flag Lady, Little Man, and some people call me Maurice 'Cause I speak of the pompitous* of love, just added that because it made me laugh, I was born Theresa Marie aka Theresa Boutin Thomas. My mother has been called Bootsie since she has been 5...how she ended up marrying a Boutin gave her the best name ever.  Who wouldn't want to be Bootsie Boutin?

*Get this, I looked up the lyics, because I thought it was "prophecies" of love.  Being a little bit Miley I was all like...I need a wordsmithizzle.  "In 1954, Vernon Green of the Medallions wrote a song called "The Letter" in which he used the words "puppetutes of love", a combination of "puppets" and "prostitutes". A puppetute was a woman of your fantasies who would do anything you wanted. Steve Miller, who sometimes imported words from other songs (including his own) into his lyrics, misheard the word as "pompitous" or "pompatus" and added "pompitous of love" and "pompatus of love" to his songs. (urban dictionary since it is not a real word, duh)"


When people ask me my age I usually add 5-8 years older.  Why?  Cheaper than face work and most always people will say, "Oh my goodness, you look so young for your age"  Well at 54 telling you I look 60 may be the truth.  I am wearing a purple nightgown...haven't done that since I have been 11 (with no underwear I might add) , I have a big hair/I don't care do, and I drank coffee out of a straw this morning.  And this is the bracelet that I left with.  There are many that know that I am a fall risk in general (Dewey Beach Scavenger Hunt 2013).  But this may make it official.





The whole process of surgery is barbaric.  They knock you out, cut you with a knife, take stuff out of you and tell you to leave in 24 hours. And they did this work on your spine.  Last words the Doctor said as he said see me in surgery...the neurologists and I have never see one of these...read about them,  but this is a really interesting case.  YEAH cut it out of my 
f---ing back for a practice try.  Amazingly, the excruciating pain that I have had most of the summer is completely gone.  They forgot to mention the pain on the other side is just as bad.  Marty, was a trooper.  Jet lagged and tired he was up delivering me at 530 am for surgery.(Who does serious surgery that early?) Sat through hours of me sleeping, cleaned up my first cup of coffee after one sip and was at my beck end call.  My girls were wrecks..okay, Maddy was worried Kate was a wreck and Hail Maryed herself to sleep with a picture of me and her by her bed.  Love Dr Puppy sent by my girls.  Notice stethoscope, medical bag, and head mirror.


                                            This is just more evidence I look 60.


I have received so many well wishes for surgery and recovery...by phone, email, cards, but this yummy funny one was sent by 2 of my favorite sistas of the mountain from Lugano.  Colleen and Di.  It made me cry feeling the love but laugh harder.  You have to love a friend who has an empty oxycodone bottle around.




I am feeling better being in my own bed with my special dietary needs.  Sorry, Sharon guessed first what my first delight was.


cheese-itz and a diet coke

I was also greeted with this lovely sign from family.  Playing on something we said every time either we saw someone stumbling, sleeping during the day, seeing the walk of shame etc ....#somepeoplejustcanthandledewey.  It seemed so appropriate.



I have been particularly emotional from all the people who have reached out to me.  It has come as much needed healing....you see it will be weeks before vodka is on the menu.  So cheers from a diet coke. And humbling as well, although it is really easy to hit like when you are stalking people!

And one last thing.  Yes I did watch the the most recent say goodbye to Finn episode today.  For someone that is pre menopausal, has a 6 inch incision down her spine, its raining, Marty just left and I'm on vicodin ....that just set me up for a headache from crying for an hour.  RIP Finn Hudson.











No comments:

Post a Comment